Johnathan Abram’s exhausting-hitting play is reducing into his wage.
The second-yr Las Vegas Raiders security is interesting $80,000 in fines for two hits in a Week 12 sport vs. the Atlanta Falcons, NFL Community’s Tom Pelissero experiences.
Neither hit by Abram was flagged through the sport however the league says Abram lowered the pinnacle to provoke contact, in accordance with Pelissero. The hits from Abram got here in opposition to Falcons working again Ito Smith within the backfield and the opposite alongside the sideline on wideout Russell Gage, which practically leveled Raiders coach Jon Gruden.
The league additionally considers Abram a repeat offender after his hit on Broncos receiver DaeSean Hamilton final yr. The play happened to end Abram’s rookie season after sustaining a rotator cuff injury. Abram’s attraction for that effective was unsuccessful.
Contemplating Abram’s base wage is roughly $41,000 per week after taxes, in accordance with Pelissero, the excessive-flying security could must tread flippantly when looking for his subsequent huge play.
This is different news, accidents and transactions we’re monitoring on Saturday:
- Cleveland Browns tight finish Austin Hooper (neck) is formally questionable for Monday evening vs. the Ravens. Cornerback Denzel Ward (calf) and wideout (*14*) have been dominated out.
- The Arizona Cardinals have activated defensive lineman Jordan Phillips and cornerback Kevin Peterson from injured reserve whereas inserting CB Johnathan Joseph (neck) on IR. The crew additionally downgraded kicker Zane Gonzalez to out for Sunday’s sport vs. the Giants and have elevated Mike Nugent from the follow squad in response. Tight finish Seth DeValve was additionally elevated from the follow squad tot he energetic roster.
- Denver Broncos guard Graham Glasgow (foot) has been downgraded to out vs. the Panthers on Sunday. Security Trey Marshall (shin) and extensive receiver Tyrie Cleveland (sickness) have additionally been downgraded to out. The crew has additionally activated linebacker Derrek Tuszka from injured reserve, promoted tight finish Troy Fumagalli and security Alijah Holder from the follow squad to the energetic roster and elevated linebacker Josh Watson as a COVID-19 alternative.
- New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is feeling higher and going by way of completely different throwing movement rehab drills, however no one has seen him throw a soccer but, Pelissero reported on Good Morning Soccer Weekend. The subsequent few days can be huge in figuring out whether or not or not Brees will return subsequent week vs. the Kansas Metropolis Chiefs.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have signed security Trayvon Henderson and extensive receiver Stanley Morgan to the energetic roster from its follow squad. The crew additionally elevated defensive deal with Kahlil McKenzie from the follow squad to the energetic roster as a COVID-19 alternative.
- Indianapolis Colts punter Ryan Allen and middle Joey Hunt have been elevated from the follow squad to the energetic roster. The crew has additionally signed deal with J’Marcus Webb to the follow squad.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have promoted cornerback Kevon Seymour to the energetic roster from the follow squad after inserting guard Marcus Peters on injured reserve. Linebacker Rashad Smith and CB Jameson Houston have been elevated to the energetic roster from the follow squad.
- Indianapolis Colts deal with Anthony Castonzo, listed as questionable with a knee injury, is monitoring towards taking part in on Sunday vs. the Raiders. Castonzo missed final week’s sport as a result of injury. Pelissero provides that Philip Rivers’ turf toe injury is bettering. Rivers is prone to want offseason surgical procedure for the injury in accordance with NFL Community Insider Ian Rapoport.
- The Kansas Metropolis Chiefs have activated guard Stefen Wisniewski and cornerback Chris Lammons from the follow squad to the energetic roster.